HarborCrest Behavioral Health
HarborCrest Behavioral Health is a hospital-based detoxification and treatment center. It is the Substance Use Disorderunit of Grays Harbor Community Hospital.
With more than 25 years of dedication to the field of Substance Use Disordertreatment, HarborCrest is the choice agency for excellence in patient care. It is located in western Washington between the capital city of Olympia and the shores of the Pacific Ocean.
Dr. Bruce Worth, our medical director, is certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine and is a pioneer in utilizing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT). Our skilled physicians and our multidisciplinary team are what makes HarborCrest a place of hope.
Detoxification and stabilization program
When a patient arrives at HarborCrest, they are greeted by our registered nurses who specialize in Substance Use Disorder treatment. The admission process includes a full evaluation and is conducted to determine the level of medical care that is needed.
Our goal is to keep every patient comfortable and safe during their stay in medical detox (Withdrawal Management). During the detox phase, they are monitored closely; alarms and fall-prevention beds are used when necessary. Once a patient is medically cleared by our physicians, the stabilization phase begins. The length of treatment is determined by medical necessity.
During the stabilization phase, patients participate in the intensive treatment program, which serves to raise awareness and engage them in their own recovery process. Through group therapy and evidence-based approaches including 12-step approaches, patients can begin to gain a sense of the ongoing work needed in order to continue in their recovery process. On average our patients stay 10 to 14, days based on medical necessity.
We use evidence-based approaches covering a variety of relevant relapse prevention topics. The program includes lectures and presentations by experts in specialized subject areas, as well as gender-specific groups. This phase is also where the family program begins.
Chemical-using pregnant women services (CUPS)
HarborCrest is contracted with the Health Care Authority to provide specialized care and quality treatment to pregnant women in need of substance use disorder treatment. The staff assists patients with developing a lifestyle compatible with sobriety and motherhood. There is no cost to pregnant women in the state of Washington for the Chemically Using Pregnant Services (CUPS).
Treatment for CUPS patients consists of a 26-day residential program, focusing on restoring health, personal discovery and long-term recovery. The benefits to the mother and her unborn child are immeasurable.
- Medical detoxification.
- Prenatal assessment with OB lab work.
- Daily fetal heart tones and monitoring of fetal movement.
- Obstetrical care with a local provider.
- Referrals to long-term treatment.
- Daily walks and opportunities to attend 12-step meetings.
- Education on pregnancy, nutrition and hygiene.
- Individualized inpatient treatment.
- Facilitated visitation with biological children with Child Protective Services.
- Our staff works to assist patients with connecting to wrap-around services for ongoing care.
- Introduction to parenting classes that focus on the needs of parents who are in recovery.
Transportation can be provided if this is a barrier for pregnant patients.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Our physicians are federally waived to be able to provide Suboxone® and Subutex® as a detox protocol as well as an ongoing Medication Assisted Treatment modality. These types of pharmacological interventions and treatment can mean hope and freedom for patients suffering from Primary Opiate Dependence. Buprenorphine (Suboxone®) is an modality for long-term opiate dependence and known for its long term efficacy.
By directly affecting the opiate sites in the brain, Buprenorphine (Suboxone®) suppresses opiate withdrawal symptoms, decreases intense cravings and improves patients ability to sustain long-term recovery from their opiate dependence.
We offer the following outpatient services:
- Substance Use Disorder assessments, including DUI evaluations, court-ordered, and CPS-ordered.
- Intensive outpatient program and aftercare.
- Alcohol and drug information school.
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone®) Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) groups.
Specimen screening services
Our specimen screening services are available Monday through Friday, 7am to 7pm - No appointment is necessary.
We offer the following services:
- Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) and urine drug screens by certified technicians
- Urine specimen screening services by trained Specimen Testing Tech (STT)
- Hair testing
- Instant results testing available to employers and concerned parents/spouses
- U.S. federal probation testing site
- WHPS and WRAPPE approved testing site
- DOT drug and alcohol testing site
- Testing for hazardous chemicals
After 7pm call 360-533-8500 - 24 hours every day for DOT random, post-accident and probable cause testing.
Call 360-537-6249 M-F, 7am-7pm to consult about our professional services for your business, agency or professional needs.
Family Program and other Resources
Our Family Program is available for patients who are attending our Stabilization as well as CUPS Residential programs. Upon admission, patient or family member can request a Family Packet to either have available when family arrives or sent out to family that are outside of the immediate area.
Family Program is available three times per week and includes:
- Wednesday evenings from 6:15p-8:30p
- Group 6:15p-7:15p
- Saturday and Sunday 1pm-4:30p
- Group 1p-2:30p
- Family needs to be on-time and will be turned away if more than 15 minutes late.
Topics discussed include:
- Addiction Cycle
- Understanding the Disease
- Expectations and How to Support a Loved One in Recovery
Families are encouraged to attend Al-Anon, Nar-Anon or Adult Children of Alcoholics and Dysfunctional Families locally or in your area.
Other supportive resources:
HarborCrest accepts the following insurance carriers for our inpatient medical detox/stabilization (Withdrawal Management) program:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Choice
- Innovative Care Management
- Regence (if not opiate dependent, they only cover alcohol dependence)
We are also contracted with most of the Native American tribes in the state.
We only accept Medicaid-Apple Health for pregnant women that are 0 to 34 weeks pregnant. With pregnant women, we must have a proof of pregnancy faxed to us before the admission from a doctor or clinic.
At this time we do not accept:
- United HealthCare
- United Behavioral Health
- Group Health
- Kaiser Permanente
We serve adults 18 and older and provide financial consultation prior to admission, including the approximate cost of treatment, estimated insurance benefits, and patient responsibility. We may accept your insurance if you do not see it on the list. Please call Cristen @ 360.537.6258 with questions.