Level III Trauma Center
A Level III Trauma Center has demonstrated an ability to provide prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization of injured patients and emergency operations. 24/7 surgical services.
Elements of Level III Trauma Centers Include:
- 24-hour immediate coverage by emergency medicine physicians and the prompt availability of general surgeons and anesthesiologists.
- Incorporates a comprehensive quality assessment program
- Has developed transfer agreements for patients requiring more comprehensive care at a Level I or Level II Trauma Center.
- Provides back-up care for rural and community hospitals.
- Offers continued education of the nursing and allied health personnel or the trauma team.
- Involved with prevention efforts and must have an active outreach program for its referring communities.