The Grays Harbor Community Hospital Family Birth Center provides a positive experience for families welcoming a new child. Our private birthing suites and post-partum rooms are large in order to allow you and your partner or support person the opportunity to relax and bond with your baby. Our specially trained and attentive staff of registered nurses and physicians are here to provide personalized care to you with a focus on your safety and comfort.
The Family Birth Center is community focused and provides labor, delivery and recovery services for both vaginal and cesarean deliveries. The center includes four birthing suites, seven private post-partum rooms, room service meal delivery and nursery care. We also provide the Great Start Newborn Program, a follow-up program for mom and baby that also includes infant CPR training.
We want you to have as much quality time with your baby as you would like, as well as adequate time for rest. Your baby can be in your room as much as desired or in the loving arms of our nursing staff. Feeding your baby can be on-demand or by your request.
Relatives and friends may visit you and your newborn in your room. For your baby's protection, we ask that your visitors wash their hands and be free of colds or other illnesses.
The Family Birth Center wishes to provide a safe and healthy environment for you and your baby. In order to achieve this, the following measures areimplemented:
- A security band will be placed on your baby, which allows the Family Birth Center staff to monitor if your baby gets close to an exit or if the band is removed. The band will signal an alarm at the nurses' station and will notify the Family Birth Center staff.
- The Family Birth Center is completely locked down. There are security locks on all doors in addition to a screening process for family and visitors, determined by mother's preference. The Family Birth Center staff care a great deal for you and your baby's security.
Delivering the loving touch
At the Family Birth Center, we believe each birth is a special delivery. We want you to have the best experience possible based on your wishes. The birthing rooms at the Family Birth Center have been designed to create a relaxed, homelike environment, while still providing state-of-the-art monitoring and medical care. At your request, visitors will be allowed in the birthing room while you are in labor. The number of visitors in attendance may be limited at your request or, in special circumstances, by your physician or nurse.
What to bring with you to the hospital
- Comfortable clothing for yourself, including a bathrobe and slippers.
- Personal items including shampoo, soap, cosmetics, toothpaste, and toothbrush.
- Clothes for the baby to wear home.
- Anything else that may make your stay more comfortable.
Special services at the Family Birth Center
- Individualized care.
- Infant security.
- Gift packs and product samples.
- Bath demonstrations.
- Pain control options.
At the Family Birth Center, our services do not end once you and your baby are discharged from our care. We are here 24 hours a day to answer your questions and address your concerns through the Family Birth Center at 360.537.5280.
In addition to the Warmline, we will schedule a well-baby checkup for your baby when they are 3 to 4 days old. At that time a staff nurse can answer your postpartum questions and assess how you and your baby are adjusting. We will schedule your visit with us prior to your discharge from the Family Birth Center.