Job centerBack to jobs main
Clinical Informatics Analyst
Full Time / 1.0 FTE
- The Clinical Informatics Analyst works collaboratively with users of clinical information systems: nursing, medical staff, ancillary staff and vendors.
- Provides assistance in planning and implementing information operations for clinical departments.
- Responsible for aspects of planning, design, development, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of clinical information systems.
- Utilizes knowledge and skills of nursing practice to determine clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and to ensure that clinical information systems are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice.
- Analyzes current and future end user department requirements, procedures, and workflow, in order to provide application solutions that support and improve organization, division, and/or department operations.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with end user departments to ensure optimal utilization of the Hospital's clinical applications, while providing appropriate levels of end user training and education.
- Because the majority of the documentation that is automated is nursing documentation, preference will be given to a Registered Nurse with 3 – 5 years clinical experience and demonstrated ability to plan and implement clinical information systems with additional preference given to those registered nurses experienced with the Meditech Magic Platform.
- A Bachelor's degree is required or an Associate degree with equivalent experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Demonstration of excellent customer relation skills. Ability to organize and prioritize work; complete all work according to agreed upon schedule, and work under stressful conditions.
- Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Available to be on call/work during non-daytime and weekend shifts for clinical information systems.
- Ability to lift thirty-five (35) pounds form floor to counter.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience required in the areas of:
Hospital wide operations and procedures for clinical departments, department specific knowledge in the departments the individual is to support; additionally knowledge of operations for financial departments preferred.
Inter-department coordination, development of policies and procedures Healthcare information technology required, computer operations knowledge preferred.
Desire to learn about and participate in the support process of all clinical software programs at GHCH.
Must be able to effectively train and motivate end users
FT 1.0 FTE: 8:00am-4:30pm
Open until filledApply for this job