Job centerBack to jobs main
Medical Records Clerk / 1.0 FTE / Days / HIM-7
Health Info Management (Medical Records)
Health Info Management
Full Time / FTE 1.0
8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
- This position is responsible for various clerical support functions required for the daily operations of the Medical Records department and the hospital.
- This includes but is not limited to: receiving HIM telephone calls;
- Greeting customers and fulfilling requests at the Medical Records Release Window;
- Chart collection and assembly;
- Processing incomplete charts;
- Release of information; Filing and retrieval of charts;
- Assisting hospital, medical, and departmental staff;
- Maintaining various logs, statistics and indices; Scanning and indexing.
- Minimum one year experience in a health care-related field;
- EMR experience preferred;
- Education/experience in a medical terminology, electronic medical records, HIPAA;
- Basic computer keyboard knowledge and operation skills, scanning, copier, fax, etc; Data entry/ 10-key by touch;
- Lift 30 pounds from floor to waist and lift 10 pounds overhead;
- Error-free alpha numeric filing techniques;
- Basic typing skills of at least 40 words per minute;
- Multiline telephone; “Team Player” attitude with interpersonal communication skills; EXCELLENT customer service skills;
- Ability to take direction and work with deadlines, sometimes under pressure;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience as a Medical Records Clerk;
- Data entry experience required;
- Must be dependable and organized.
FT 1.0 FTE: 8:00am-4:30pm
Open until filledApply for this job