Job centerBack to jobs main
HIM/Medical Records Supervisor / FT 1.0 / Days
Health Info Management (Medical Records)
HIM /Medical Records / FT 1.0 / Days
Full Time / 1.0 FTE
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Responsible for supervising, training, and coordinating the Medical Records (HIM) functions.
- The Supervisor is also responsible for planning, quality improvement activities, establishing policies and procedures, and standards and objectives.
- S/he complies with State and Federal laws and accreditation standards.
- This position will work as a liaison to the outsourced medical coding company and transcription; duties will include working closely with Patient Financial Services (PFS), Clinical Documentation Improvement Program and other services to assist and/or coordinate in resolving account, coding, and charge capture issues.
- This position will be responsible for managing the daily operations of the coding Vendor and guiding the efficient and effective process for coding, abstracting, and data reporting of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and ancillary services.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Medical Records with RHIA or RHIT, Coding credential required (CCS, CCA etc.).
- Current ICD-10-CM and CPT coding experience required; three (3) years preferred with ICD 10 Training.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Non-Medicare requirements for coding and billing. Knowledge of and experience with computer systems-Meditech Magic, 3M Encoder, Word Processing, MIS, Dictation required.
- Experience working with external regulatory agencies and review organizations. Ability to prioritize work, schedule staff, and delegate appropriately. Ability to communicate clearly both in verbal and written form.
- Ability to establish cooperative relations with a variety of employees, hospital staff, and medical staff members. Ability to lift 30 pounds from floor to waist; ability to lift 10 pounds overhead.
- Provides leadership and expertise in ICD-10-PCS and CM, CPT-4, HCPC coding systems as well as APR-DRG, MS-DRG and APC payments systems.
- Perference will be given for previous supervisory experience
FT 1.0 FTE: 8:00am-4:30pm
Open until filledApply for this job