Job centerBack to jobs main
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunities available here, please contact our human resources department at:
Human Resources Department
915 Anderson Drive
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Executive Director: 360.537.5119
HR Assistant: 360.537.5093
Clinical Dietitian (RD) / FT 1.0 / D-1
Full Time / 1.0 FTE
Flexible start times: 7:00am-3:30pm or 8:00am-4:30pm with weekend rotations
As a Clinical Dietitian, provide quality nutritional care to patients such as the development, implementation and monitoring of Medical Nutrition Therapies. Work collaboratively with the medical staff, patients, families and food services department to ensure the patients' nutrition care plans are implemented and departmental standards are maintained. This position reports to the Pharmacy Director.
Other responsibilities of the Clinical Dietitian position include:
- Performing nutritional assessments and re-assessments, identifying short and long term goals, recommending nutrition interventions, monitoring and evaluating patient progress;
- Evaluating potential food/drug interactions, and/or her/supplement interactions;
- Developing and implementing educational programs for patients and staff;
- Serving as a resource to the medical staff regarding emerging trends in nutritional care;
- Attending Interdisciplinary team meetings and communicating patients' nutrition care plan, progress and special needs;
- Providing clear and concise medical record documentation;
- Participating in developing, planning and standardizing menus;
- Performing meal rounds to ensure patients' meal trays are consistent with the prescribed diet and meet standards as to quality, quantity, temperature and appearance;
- Maintaining current professional registration requirements (i.e., Professional Portfolio, self-development and continuing education);
- Communicating patients' needs to appropriate team members;
- Assists with policy review;
- Participates in Pharmacy for therapeutics and in the Infection Control Committee
- Registered Dietitian (RD) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) and Certified Dietitian by the State of Washington required at hire.
- Hospital nutrition assessment and care experience preferred.
FT 1.0 FTE: Flexible starts times: 7:00am-3:30pm or 8:00am-4:30pm with weekend rotations.
Open until filledApply for this job