Job centerBack to jobs main
On the beautiful West Coast of Washington, near the mountains and rainforests of the Olympic Peninsula, Grays Harbor is close to all major amenities yet removed from the bustle of city life. Grays Harbor enjoys a temperate climate with mild winters and countless outdoor recreational opportunities. Grays Harbor has a very strong sense of community.
Harbor Medical Group (HMG) is a fast growing multi-specialty group with 8 conveniently located clinics throughout Grays Harbor County. HMG is a subsidiary of Grays Harbor Community Hospital, a not-for-profit Public Hospital District that serves over 72,000 residents.
Committed to patient satisfaction and creating access, HMG is continuously expanding its outpatient medical services to better serve the community. With over 45,000 patient visits a year and growing, HMG offers services such as: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Orthopedics, Urology, General Surgery, Gastroenterology, and OB/GYN. Our Physicians and medical staff strive to provide the highest standard of health care in a comfortable, safe, convenient, and friendly environment.
Please feel free to contact us about any of the opportunities available below. Our representative will be happy to tell you about all of the possibilities of living and practicing in Grays Harbor.
Medical Office Assistant
This job posting has been archived.
Medical Office Assistant
Summary: Providing quality customer service to patients by greeting them in person and on the telephone, scheduling appointments and maintaining patient demographics in EHR. Work in a professional manner that keeps the medical office running efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person and on the telephone.
- Optimizes patient satisfaction and provider time by scheduling and coordinating patient appointments.
- Assist patients in completing all necessary registration forms.
- Register new patients and updates existing patient demographics.
- Verifying patient insurance.
- Keep patient appointments on schedule by notifying back office staff of patient’s arrival. Communicating with patients and clinical staff of any delays.
- Maintain patient waiting areas and front-desk areas in a organized manner.
- Scanning and indexing patient records into EHR.
- Call patients daily to confirm next day appointments.
- Collect co-pays and insurance deductibles.
- Daily deposits and balancing cash box.
- Protects patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it. Adheres to HIPAA requirements.
- Retrieving faxes and delivering to appropriate staff.
- Faxing information as needed.
- Keeps office supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs and notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
- Regularly attend staff and department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual preferred
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma
Medical terminology is preferred.
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Thursday, October 3, 2019