HarborCrest Behavioral Health
HarborCrest Behavioral Health is a hospital-based detoxification and treatment center. It is the chemical dependency unit of Grays Harbor Community Hospital.
With more than 25 years of dedication to the field of chemical dependency treatment, HarborCrest is the choice agency for excellence in patient care. It is located in western Washington between the capital city of Olympia and the shores of the Pacific Ocean.
Dr. Bruce Worth, our medical director, is certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine and is a pioneer in the treatment of opiate replacement therapy. Our skilled physicians and our multidisciplinary team are what makes HarborCrest a place of hope.
Detoxification and stabilization program
When a patient arrives at HarborCrest, they are greeted by a registered nurse specialized in addiction treatments, who begins the admission process. A full evaluation is conducted to determine the level of medical care that is needed.
Our goal is to keep every patient comfortable and safe during their stay in treatment. During the detox phase, they are monitored closely; alarms and fall-prevention beds are used when necessary. Once a patient is medically cleared by our physicians, the stabilization phase begins. The length of treatment is determined by medical necessity.
During the stabilization phase, patients participate in the intensive treatment program, which serves to raise awareness and engage them in their own recovery process. Through group therapy and the 12-step approach, patients can begin to regain a sense of their true selves. On average our patients stay 10 to 14, days based on medical necessity.
We use science-based approaches and a proven curriculum, covering a variety of relevant topics. The program includes lectures and presentations by experts in specialized subject areas, as well as gender-specific groups. This phase is also where the family program begins.
Chemical-using pregnant women services (CUPS)
HarborCrest provides specialized care and quality treatment to assist pregnant women in developing a lifestyle compatible with sobriety and motherhood.
Treatment for CUPS patients consists of a 26-day program, focusing on restoring health, personal discovery and long-term recovery. The benefits to the mother and her unborn child are immeasurable.
- Medical detoxification.
- Prenatal assessment with OB lab work.
- Daily fetal heart tones and monitoring of fetal movement.
- Obstetrical care with a local provider.
- Referrals to long-term treatment.
- Daily walks, meditation.
- Education on pregnancy, nutrition and hygiene.
- Individualized inpatient treatment.
- Facilitated visitation with biological children with Child Protective Services.
- Certified parenting classes.
Opiate substitution treatment
Our opiate substitution program means hope and freedom for patients suffering from opiate dependency. Buprenorphine (HarborCrest physicians are federally-approved providers of Suboxone®) is an alternative for long-term opiate dependency and the preferred opiate replacement therapy.
By suppressing opiate withdrawal symptoms and decreasing intense cravings, buprenorphine helps patients gain control over their physical dependence, thus increasing their potential for long-term recovery.
We offer the following outpatient services:
- Chemical dependency assessments, including DUI evaluations, court-ordered, and CPS-ordered.
- Intensive outpatient program and aftercare.
- Alcohol and drug information school.
- Buprenorphine maintenance group.
Drug screening services
Our drug screening services are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
We offer the following services:
- Breath alcohol and urine drug screens by certified technicians.
- Hair testing.
- Instant results testing available to employers and concerned parents/spouses.
- U.S. federal probation testing site.
- WHPS and WRAPPE approved testing site.
- DOT drug and alcohol testing site.
- Testing for hazardous chemicals.
Open 24 hours every day for DOT random, post-accident and probable cause testing.
HarborCrest accepts the following insurance carriers for our inpatient medical detox/stabilization program:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Choice
- Innovative Care Management
- Medicare (some HMO's will not cover HarborCrest)
- Regence (if not opiate dependent, they only cover alcohol dependence)
We are also contracted with most of the Native American tribes in the state.
We only accept Medicaid-Apple Health for pregnant women that are 0 to 34 weeks pregnant with the supplements of Molina, Amerigroup or an open coupon and 0 to 32 weeks with all other supplements. With pregnant women, we must have a proof of pregnancy faxed to us before the admission from a doctor or clinic.
At this time we do not accept:
- United HealthCare.
- United Behavioral Health.
We serve adults 18 and older and provide financial consultation prior to admission, including the approximate cost of treatment, estimated insurance benefits, and patient responsibility.